The very important Exports section enables you to get your data from Roivenue’s system and build your own analysis. As visuals inside the app are static, we work hard to make our API as rich as possible and provide all the data we have collected for your account to give you the power to look at it in your own way.
- Metadata: contains additional information about business units, platforms and channels such as their full names. Can be used to connect the Marketing Report with Marketing Plans table in the Power BI data model.
-Platform and channel attribution: compares conversions, profit, deliveries, and revenue on a channel level attributed by the platform, Google Analytics last touch model and the selected data driven attribution model from Roivenue.
- Customer segments: provides data about Customer transitions between the various groups, as described in the Customers section. You can also calculate how many customers are currently in each group as well as how many conversions and deliveries, and how much revenue and profit resulted from the activities of each groups. Available only with connected transaction feed.
Connection detail is accessible in the Exports section, and the second tab “Microsoft Power BI.” During data export it is important to pay attention to the business unit filter at the top of the page, as data for the selected business unit only will be exported. If you want to export data for all business units, keep the business unit filtered to “all assets”.
To get started with Roivenue data in Power BI, follow the 4 steps visible on this tab:
- Download Power BI template : this template is prepared to work with Roivenue data structure, so it will save you a lot of time on data preparation and necessary transformations.
- Define in which time granularity, currency and attribution model will the data be provided. Remember that data driven attribution models are available only for weekly time granularity
- Select the time period, for which the data will be exported. The selected time period will be floating in time - if you select last month, data for last month will be displayed after each refresh. If you want to specify a static time period, use the Custom option from the dropdown selection.
- According to your specification in the previous steps, a connection sting has been generated:
After connecting the template to Roivenue by loading the connection string, data from the Marketing report endpoint will be loaded. Only this endpoint is loaded by default, so to load data from other endpoints, you need to enable them in Query editor. To do so, access the editor by going to Home tab → Edit queries. In the Query editor window, you will see other endpoints on the right sidebar in grey color and italics, which means that their load is not enabled. To enable it, right-click on each of the endpoint tables and check the Enable Load option.
Lastly, hit Close & Apply in the top left corner and your selected tables will be loaded into the model.
Navigate to GDS tab in the Exports section (tab three) in Roivenue and select your time granularity, currency, and attribution model. After that, hit Add Roivenue to Google Data Studio button.
This will transfer you to GDS, where it is necessary to authorize Roivenue as a data source. After that, you can paste the connection string from the app and define which report to connect to:
Very similar to Power BI in definiton of your export - go over the four steps described on the Excel tab. After that, you can copy the Power Query link and place it to Excel in section Data > Get data > From other sources > Blank Query. After this, you are taken to Query editor window, where you need to access the Advanced editor for your newly created blank query:
In advanced editor, paste the code copied from Roivenue instead of the default code. After that, you can hit Done and Close & Apply to load data for the selected endpoint into Excel.
Enables you to generate an authorization key as well as hash, to use data in your external applications. To find out more about this section, please visit our developer center.
- Orders: this table copies data from your transaction feed. It therefore opens up wide possibilities for your own analysis - it lets you calculate CLV, evaluate activity of delivery partners or have an idea about patterns in undelivered orders, just to name the few. Available only with connected transaction feed.
-Customers: summarizes activity of each user identified by user Id and email hash. As this table is mostly fed data from the transaction feed, it highly depends on which optional parameters in the feed are used. As many optional parameters can be displayed here, such as segment, gender or birth date. Each customer is presented with total number of orders, a timestamp of first and last order, assigned RFM customer group and other information. Available only with connected transaction feed.
- Web sessions daily: data sourced from your web analytics, displayed on daily level. Extended information about sessions from the marketing report, enriched by Roivenue channel categorization.
- Ads platforms daily: data from marketing platforms, presenting cost, impressions, clicks and views. Enables load of more granular data than campaign level, even to the ad name level split by device category.
- Transactions daily: similar to the web sessions daily data, this endpoint provides daily data from web analytics about conversions and revenue, with categorization to Roivenue channels.
- Marketing plans: provides data about marketing plans defined in the Marketing Plans section. To evaluate these plans against performance data, connect this table to marketing report by channels and date. For this endpoint to be available, you must have a marketing plan group with enabled export in Marketing plans section of Roivenue.
You can use the blue button on the right side to copy the string to your clipboard. Later, paste the string to Power BI template downloaded from Roivenue: